What is April's Big Give?

Cornerstone is always looking for a way to elevate Jesus Christ in the community by giving back. The idea of giving the offering back to the congregation did not originate with us, nor did the name. (thanks Oprah) However, we think that this will be an exciting way for us to show our community that God loves them and to encourage each of us to be more aware of those in need around us. I encourage you to browse the stories here and even subscribe for the latest stories to be sent to your reader or email in-box as they are added.

- Seeking to Elevate Jesus Christ in Four Corners,
Pastor Joel

Cast Member in need

Saturday, May 10, 2008 0 comments

I did not end up giving out my gift until the third week of April. I've been praying about who, what, or where God wanted me to do with the Gift of the 20 dollars. A friend of mine, Her name kept coming into my mind. I prayed and asked God if this was the one I was suppose to give my gift to. Well, her name would not go out of my mind so I said OK here goes. I only see her on Friday's. This one Friday I went into work a little early, When I got there I called her on the radio, And asked her if she could please meet me in the main street break room. She said she was on her way. When she got there I pulled her a side, I asked her if she heard of Oprah"s big give? She said yes, I then went an explained what our Church was doing. Told her not to get mad. But, that God had told me to give this 20 dollars to her to use in any way she needed. Her eyes got big and she had tears in them. Come to find out her family has been going through some tuff times. She told me a little about what they were going through. And, that they may have to move back to New York to live with her Mom. I told her that God loves her and will see her through this. She said it was hard to let go and Let God. She knows about what we went through with the hurricane's back in 2005. And knows knows about my faith in God. I told her if she needed any thing at all. All she had to do was ask and I would be there for her, As well as God. Also told her God is on her side and to keep her eyes on him. We both hugged and cried A little. I know she was blessed as well as myself. I just want to say thank you for allowing us to get out of our comfort zones and letting God work through us.

Mary King

0 comments: to “ Cast Member in need so far...